Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:43:13 +0100
From:      "Morten A. Middelthon" <morten@freenix.no>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnokii on FreeBSD 6.0 and Dell PE 2850

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

Hi list,

I have been using gnokii along with an old Nokia 6150 succesfully for quite
some time now. Yesterday I moved the phone to a new Dell PE 2850 with FreeB=
SD
6.0 and installed gnokii 0.6.10 (there's a newer version out, but not in po=
rts
:( ). I used the working config from the old machine, except for changing t=
he
serial port device from /dev/cuaa0 to /dev/cuad0. But it's not working. With
debugging messages turned on I get the following error msg:

gnokii --sendsms <phonenumber>
GNOKII Version 0.6.10
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
phone instance config:
model: 6150
port_device: /dev/cuad0
connection_type: 0
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:=20
disconnect_script:=20
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: off
Serial device: opening device /dev/cuad0
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to high
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d            =20
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d            =20
[Received Ack of type 40, seq: 80]
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d            =20
[Sending Ack of type 40, seq: 0]
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.

And in /var/log/messages I get the following message:

Mar 22 08:41:38 nefarian kernel: sio0: 2 more silo overflows (total 16)

I have attached my current gnokiirc

--=20
Morten A. Middelthon

Remember:  Silly is a state of Mind, Stupid is a way of Life.
                -- Dave Butler

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

[global]

# Set port to the physical serial port used to connect to your phone.
# Linux version is:
port = /dev/cuad0
model = 6150

initlength = default

connection = serial

bindir = /usr/local/sbin/

use_locking = no

serial_baudrate = 19200

smsc_timeout = 10

[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]

# The following parameters control how libgnokii handle the debugging messages.
# Currently there are three categories: "debug" controls the libgnokii
# normal debug output, "rlpdebug" controls the debug output of the RLP
# subsystem, and "xdebug" is used by the xgnokii or smsd.

[logging]

# where to log the debug output (on: stderr)
debug = on

# where to log the rlp debug output (on: stderr)
rlpdebug = off

# where to log X debug output (on: stderr)
xdebug = off

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy--

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL--