Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:06:11 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "John W. De Boskey" <jwd@bsdwins.com>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Subject:   Re: Updated: cp -t patch (w/ commentary)

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:01:18 -0400, "John W. De Boskey" wrote:

>    I am dealing with a production process that currently runs
> approximately 10 hours. (on 28 866Mhz processors, 2 Netapps).
> This process fell into my lap about 2 months ago.

Something to consider is that you're trying to solve a fairly specific
problem.  What everyone's asking for is a general solution.

Perhaps there is no general solution to your specific problem.  Perhaps
shell magic or a perl script is your answer.

However, a specific hack to cp(1) is what a lot of people don't like.
If FreeBSD contained every little hack every committer had used to
address specific problems, it'd be a mess.

Ciao,
Sheldon.