Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2014 19:44:30 +0100
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
Subject:   pkg-1.4-0  signal-4-exit with core-avx-i; FreeBSD:10:i386 vs. FreeBSD:10:32?

 Hello,

surprisingly my deployment process fails with:
pkg: file:///media/OAK_PKG_CD/packages/FreeBSD:10:i386/meta.txz: No such
file or directory

I never had any problems with my scripts with pkg-1.3.8. It looks that
FreeBSD:10:32 was renamed to FreeBSD:10:i386, right?
Now pkg-1.4.0 is mandatory. Not mentioned in UPDATING, no help how to
define previous version … :-(

pkg-1.4.0 core dumps when compiled with CPUTYPE=core-avx-i on an
Ivy-Bridge host and run on a Haswell system (both ESXi-guest and both
stable/10, r275903) :-( This is not very helpful, I know, sorry, but I
don't have time to investigate – I was about to do some quick updates…

I strongly vote for pkg integration into base with the usual maintenance
quality. The current circular dependency caused too much problems since
pkg_legacy was abandoned. A planned one-hour-task again takes me 10
hours because of fundamental changes I cannot easily revert or were
announced/tested.

Thanks,

-Harry