Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 1996 00:00:18 -0800
From:      mcleary@slip.net (Mark Cleary)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installer can't find ftp ...

Greetings folx,

I'm trying to ftp FreeBSD (2.1.6 REALEASE) onto an extra hard drive (wdc1
and 2) on my Linux box.  I get through the configuration no problem and can
even fire up the ftp/PPP connection with my ISP.

Then the install floppy loads files onto the driva and goes to find the ftp
site.  That's where it hangs.  I've done it in the middle of the night and
tried all 7 (8?) of the WC servers. Traffic wasn't the problem.  Has anyone
else had similar problems?

Any ideas? Should I forget about 2.1.6 and just install 2.1.5 instead?

Thanks muchly,

Mark Cleary