Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:57:31 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: ps/2 mouse problems [boot -v messages]

Please send ENTIRE output, if possilbe, rather than partial exerpt.
Also send "boot -v" output when the acpi module is not loaded.
Please also tell which motherboard you have.
It would be also useful to dump ACPI data blocks using acpidump(8).

>Here's some more info on my ps/2 mouse problems I managed to dig up
>from boot -v and some other errors I wanted ot know if I should worry
>about.
>

>atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> port 0x64,0x60 irq 1 on acpi0
>atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
>atkbd: the current kbd controller command byte 0047
>atkbd: keyboard ID 0x41ab (2)
>kbd0 at atkbd0
>kbd0: atkbd0, AT 101/102 (2), config:0x1, flags:0x3d0000
>atkbd1: unable to allocate IRQ
>psm0: unable to allocate IRQ

The above two lines are for debugging and benign. It's safe
to ignore them.

>ata-: ata0 already exists, using ata2 instead
>ata-: ata1 already exists, using ata3 instead
>atkbdc-: atkbdc0 already exists, using atkbdc1 instead
>fdc-: fdc0 already exists, using fdc1 instead
>ppc-: ppc0 already exists, using ppc1 instead
>sc-: sc0 already exists, using sc1 instead
>sio-: sio0 already exists, using sio2 instead
>sio-: sio1 already exists, using sio3 instead
>sio-: sio2 already exists, using sio4 instead
>sio-: sio3 already exists, using sio5 instead
>vga-: vga0 already exists, using vga1 instead
>
>ata2 failed to probe at port 0x1f0 irq 14 on isa0
>ata3 failed to probe at port 0x170 irq 15 on isa0
>atkbdc1: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> failed to probe at port 0x60 on isa0
>bt0 failed to probe on isa0
>cs0 failed to probe at port 0x300 on isa0
>ed0 failed to probe at port 0x280 iomem 0xd8000 irq 10 on isa0
>fdc1: cannot reserve I/O port range (6 ports)
>fdc1 failed to probe at port 0x3f0 irq 6 drq 2 on isa0
>
>ppc1: parallel port found at 0x378
>ppc1: cannot reserve I/O port range
>ppc1: <Parallel port> failed to probe at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0

These are from "hinted" device instances created by /boot/device.hints.
Something should be done for them. But no harm seems to be done
in your case.

>pid 271 (syslogd), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

Hmm,

Kazu