Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:56:24 -0700
From:      Caleb Walker <cwalker@cwalk.org>
To:        "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installing a new Hard Drive to add space

On Friday 27 July 2001 12:13 am, P. U. (Uli) Kruppa wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Caleb Walker wrote:
> > What is going to be the best way to add a new hard drive after I have a
> > working system up and running?  Any good reading material or any kind of
> > help would be appreciated.
>
> You can start
> # /stand/sysinstall
> -> post installation
> and partition and format the new harddisk the same way as
> you did it with the old one.
> Then leave sysinstall and enter the new slices and their
> mount-points in
> /etc/fstab
> (syntax is pretty self-explanatory)
> and reboot.

I thank all of you for this infomoration it was a success.  All is good
except I can not see the inside of the directory with nfs.  This servers name
is router since it is my router and my other machine(Linux) mounts router's
root directory.  I can see everything but if I go inside this newly created
hard drive mounted on /hd1 from butthead(my Linux machine) I can not see any
directories that I moved there.  If I create a directory with butthead inside
of /hd1 on router I can see that directory with butthead but router cannot
see it.  Is there an explanation for this?

I forgot to mention my fstab file here:
# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/wd2s1e             /hd1            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/acd0c              /cdrom  cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0

This is output of df:
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/ad0s1a   5644782  2776846  2416354    53%    /
/dev/wd2s1e   4072364   411877  3334698    11%    /hd1
procfs              4        4        0   100%    /proc

uname -a:
FreeBSD ns1.cwalk.org 4.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #1: Tue Apr 24 08:03:08
PDT 2001     root@ns1.cwalk.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/FreeBSD  i386

I apologize for sending this message twice.