Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:06:25 +1000
From:      Tony Landells <ahl@austclear.com.au>
To:        Joshua Goodall <joshua@roughtrade.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: distributed natd

joshua@roughtrade.net said:
> If you want to do failover between two NAT gateways, you can avoid
> reinventing much of the high-availability wheel with the net/vrrp port
> and taking things from there. VRRP was defined specifically to support
> router failover. Perhaps you can piggyback state onto the
> advertisements?

Last time I checked on VRRP, it was in a questionable legal state
due to protests by Cisco that it (sort of) infringed on HSRP--has
that changed?

I don't really want to build a solution on technology that may get
yanked suddenly...

Tony
--
Tony Landells					<ahl@austclear.com.au>
Senior Network Engineer				Ph:  +61 3 9677 9319