Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:53:57 +0200
From:      Jacques Hugo <jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za>
To:        Mark Castillo <markc@Relationships.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh and root logins. can you disable?

Mark Castillo wrote:

> currently, my ssh installation allows root to login remotely.  Is this ok?
> Or is there a way do disable remote logins via ssh for root?

Yes, edit your /etc/sshd_config file (or wherever you put your
--etcdir=/*/*/sshd_config) and change the

	PermitRootLogin yes

to no.

Regards
-Jacques

The box said "Requires Windows 3.1 or better"
			... so I got BSD

Network Administrator     | Jacques Hugo
UNIX Systems              | jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za
Cape Technikon            | +27-21-4603584