Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 18:40:51 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        tyler spivey <tspivey8@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot scripts

tyler spivey wrote:

> is it possible to change rc.network so that it just runs the cmds i want? (change the case statements for enabled - leave them in, but take out the
> natd_interface crap)?
> i have a set of commands i know to work, is it alright if i replace
> the case statements (the inside block) with them?

There's no reason you can't tweak those scripts to your liking.
Obviously, configuring the way they run through /etc/rc.conf is the
preferred method, but if that simply won't do what you need it to do,
you can edit those scripts to your heart's content.
I would make a backup before changing anything, though. It would be
pretty easy to break the networking startup while modifying that script.
Also, are you sure you can't get things working the way you want by
modifying /etc/rc.conf?

-Bill

--
If a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush,
then what can I get for two hands in the bush?