Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:10:24 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Ingram <Vail@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to port old 3.x kld to 4.x?

How to port old 3.x kld to 4.x?

greetings,

for the purpose of a honeypot i seek a solution
to implement an "exec-redirection", which could
redirect any call to /bin/sh to another file.

After searching many days i found only one
solution which could handle this: a kld.

The kld is the redirection one from the paper at
http://reactor-core.org/security/freebsd-kernel-hacking.html#II.4.

It compiles and loads with kldload but if i execute the redirected
file on my box, the whole os just hangs and spits something like
"kernel page fault".

I expect the problems lying within the userspace allocation, but
i am not experienced enough in coding kld to port this code
so that it works under FreeBSd 4.6 (or future releases).

Somebody here who could help me out with that?

Many thx in advantage, my regards
Ingram

http://www.gmx.net