Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:04:50 -0600
From:      "Daryl Chance" <dchance@valuedata.net>
To:        "Matt White" <mjw@crypt-net.org>, <questions@freebsd.org>, <hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Maxtor 80GB problems

are you by chance running an AMD?  Specifically a Fic MB?

Theres a bios fix for the Fic SD11 that fixed some problems
I was having.  It seems the MB has an issue with Maxtor drives
and locks up under heavy disk activity.

HTH,
-
Daryl Chance       | And which parallel universe did
ValueData, LLC     | YOU crawl out of?
Memphis, TN        |      - http://www.thinkgeek.com