Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 07:11:56 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest popper fails to build.

Khetan Gajjar wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I don't know why I'm writing; no-one answered my previous two mailing on
> Lynx failing to build, and I read them both in questions. But hey.......
>
> I cannot get the new popper to install properly. It builds fine, and
> then come installation it throws this up. I've never had a user
> pop on my machine (i.e. the old one worked fine) :
>
> [chain] /usr/ports/mail/popper$ sudo make install
> Checksums OK.
> ===>  Installing for qpop-2.2
> install -c -s -o bin -g bin -m 555   popper /usr/local/libexec
> ===> popauth
> install -c -s -o pop -g bin -m 4111   popauth /usr/local/bin
> install: unknown user pop
> *** Error code 67
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> [chain] /usr/ports/mail/popper$

This is only a guess, I really don't know!
But it seems that you need to add a user named ``pop`` to your
system for popper to run as..

At least thats what I would try with that error!
But I would also think that it would/could add it's own.

Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848