Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 12:43:19 -0600
From:      dannyman <dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mouse click rate

i think my computer may be funny, or maybe i have two funny mice, or maybe i
just press funny, but my middle button tends to "repeat" - ie, a single tap
on my middle button will paste something three times over, which can be very
annoying. if i need to  hold the middle button down for a pop-up menu, say,
things are really painful, the menu flickers in and out ...

is there any way to "tune" say XFree86 to be more tolerant for things like
this ... explain to it that the state of the middle mouse button shouldn't be
changing more than say, once per half second or something?

tia,
dannyman

--
  //Dan   -=-     This message brought to you by djhoward@uiuc.edu    -=-