Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:09:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      albast <albast@xs4all.nl>
To:        Java@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anti-aliasing Fonts

> As for "doing this in FreeBSD", this whole issue is an XFree86 (and X
> Window System) issue, and has nothing to do (directly) with Java or FreeBSD.

Correct :-)
I'm planning to commit a port of Xfstt-0.9.7 (along with YACL-1.7b).
There were some unforseen things that took precedence, but I'll try to finish
these ports this weekend. This is a X fs for TrueType fonts which uses the
freetype library.  I believe it can do the antialiasing you are referring to.
(not sure though..)

thanks for your patience --jeroen