Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:09:34 -0600
From:      beirne@limerick.chicago.il.us
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   top and pstat problem.

Hello,
	I have a machine that I duplicated the drive from another working
machine that is running FreeBSD 4.2 upgraded from FreeBSD 4.1.1.

On the original machine both the "top" and "pstat" command work fine,
but on the cloned machine, which is used as a firewall, they do not work.
Pstat comes back with a "pstat: undefined symbol: _numvnodes" and
top reports "top: nlist failed".  These both seem to point to
the kvm functions.   The kvm_openfiles seems to work in pstat, but
the kvm_nlist of the open file handle fails.  Does anyone have any idea
what could cause this?

Thanks,
Mike Beirne
--
Michael G. Beirne | 3250 N. Wolcott #2, Chicago,IL 60657-2053
beirne@limerick.chi.il.us http://www.xnet.com/~beirne/