Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:34:28 +0800 (WST)
From:      Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>
To:        Mark Pearce <mark@netchat.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Decision PCCOM 8 port serial cards

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Mark Pearce wrote:

> I tried your options and I got the following:
> sio4: gdb debugging port
> sio5: gdb debugging port
> sio6: gdb debugging port
> sio7: gdb debugging port
> sio8: gdb debugging port
> sio9: gdb debugging port
> sio10: gdb debugging port
> sio11: gdb debugging port
>  &
> sio4: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio5: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio6: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio7: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio8: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio9: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio10: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio11: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

The box here, when it boots gives me:

sio4: gdb debugging port
sio5: gdb debugging port
sio6: gdb debugging port
sio7: gdb debugging port
sio8: gdb debugging port
sio9: gdb debugging port
sio10: gdb debugging port
sio11: gdb debugging port

&

sio4: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio4 at port 0x240-0x247 flags 0xb81 on isa0
sio4: type 16550A (multiport)
sio5: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio5 at port 0x248-0x24f flags 0xb81 on isa0
sio5: type 16550A (multiport)
sio6: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio6 at port 0x250-0x257 flags 0xb81 on isa0
sio6: type 16550A (multiport)
sio7: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio7 at port 0x258-0x25f flags 0xb81 on isa0
sio7: type 16550A (multiport)
sio8: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio8 at port 0x260-0x267 flags 0xb81 on isa0
sio8: type 16550A (multiport)
sio9: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio9 at port 0x268-0x26f flags 0xb81 on isa0
sio9: type 16550A (multiport)
sio10: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio10 at port 0x270-0x277 flags 0xb81 on isa0
sio10: type 16550A (multiport)
sio11 at port 0x278-0x27f irq 5 flags 0xb81 on isa0
sio11: type 16550A (multiport master)

> I suspect that this is the serial card, I changed the irq from 5 to 11
> and rebuilt the kernel, I get the following error:
>
> sio4: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio5: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio6: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio7: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio8: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio9: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio10: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio11: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

It's not detecting the card. Is anything at

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/serial-uart/sio.html

of any use? It does sound like you're very close. What actual lines have
you put in your kernel? The port numbering is what stumped me initially.

Regards,

d.