Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:29:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      john <johng@musicman.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Drive Configuration Question

Giorgos,

Thanks for your reply.  You're the only one to respond to my question in
two weeks.  I have tried newfs, and fdisk indicates that freebsd is on the
drive:

newfs da0

newfs: da0: `0' partition is unavailable

newfs da0s1a

newfs: da0s1a: `a' partition is unavailable

fdisk da0

******* Working on device /dev/da0 *******
parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
cylinders=5219 heads=227 sectors/track=33 (7491 blks/cyl)

Figures below won't work with BIOS for partitions not in cyl 1
parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
cylinders=5219 heads=227 sectors/track=33 (7491 blks/cyl)

Media sector size is 512
Warning: BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1
Information from DOS bootblock is:
The data for partition 1 is:
sysid 165,(FreeBSD/NetBSD/386BSD)
    start 0, size 39100416 (19092 Meg), flag 80 (active)
        beg: cyl 0/ sector 1/ head 0;
        end: cyl 1023/ sector 33/ head 226
The data for partition 2 is:
<UNUSED>