Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:09:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Versioning question for linux-ut port

I have been working with Martin Tournoij, who did the hard work, on
updating the linux-ut port to support different versions of UT99 (GOTY,
Anthology, etc.).  He also discovered that the v451 patch had issues
with the keyboard.

After a little reading on my part, I found that in most cases the v451
patch was more suited for servers while v436 was best on clients with
both being network compatible.

Here is the question:  how should the port's version information be
configured to have v436 be the default with v451 (WITH_451PATCH) as an
option?  With PORTVERSION set back to 436 from 451, does PORTEPOCH need
to be set to 1?  I am uncertain since the port will support both
versions.  Would PORTREVISION=1 be better than using PORTEPOCH since if
the user wanted to stay with v451, the install may be a little different
anyway?

Here is the latest port of linux-ut[1].

Sean
   1. http://www.farley.org/freebsd/tmp/linux-ut-port.tar.bz2