Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:28:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      wellsian <wellsian@caffeine.com>
To:        Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tagged Queueing Enabled

It's good. It's a SCSI thing. Basically, with drivers that support it, the
drives are able to grab things more efficiently.

Given these requests for data all over a drive:

Inside track
Outside track
Inside track
Outside track
etc.

The drive will gather the data in other than command sequence. e.g. Inside
Inside Outside Outside. I'm simplifying.

The derived benefit should be highly driver dependent, meaning not all
cards will take advantage of the feature equally. You might want to check
the scsi list archives.

Dave