Date:      Mon, 06 Oct 1997 01:47:09 +1000
From:      Matthew <mattw@aone.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD boot.

Hi.
   I have been trying to install FreeBSD on the secondary master HDD in
my computer.

The boot loader is also working from the second HDD. The Kernal appears
to get loaded, it gets to the end of the load and says, panic, can't
mount root.

Using the fixit floppy I am able to mount the root partition and see all
the files.. All looks fine. Looking at fstab the partition labels look
fine. Just to be on the safe side I have gone and changed the root
partition to /dev/wd just about everything.

The labeling part of the install says root should be /dev/wd2s1a.. Tried
it.. When I first looked at fstab it was set to /dev/wd2a.

Matthew
Access One Help Desk

                  The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled,
                was convincing the world that he did not exist.
                              --Keiser Soze--