Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:40:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/30423: CVSROOT/modules has mistakenly single-line comments in some module-aliases

The following reply was made to PR misc/30423; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To: Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:35:10 +0300

 Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org> wrote:

 > Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr> wrote:
 > > 	Of course, instead of removing these lines altogether, one
 > > 	might prefer to move them `above' the relevant module lines.
 >
 > This would probably be best.  Actually, it'd probably be best if cvs
 > unsmoked its crack and allowed comments there, but I don't think
 > anybody wants to touch cvs any more than they have to :-).

 I chose to entirely remove these comments because converting them to
 have the comments above the lines they refer to breaks the
 sorted-alphabetically style of the rest of those modules.  Anyways, if
 you want me to prepare a patch that moves the comment-lines above
 those that they currently break, I can prepare one very easily.

 Let's see.  The 'we should have CVS support this' option has to go
 through the CVS developers list.  I will contact them, and if they
 think this is a relatively useful thing to include in their next CVS
 release, and I or one of them comes up with the proper diffs, I will
 follow-up on this PR with the outcome of the discussion.

 -giorgos