Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 2002 03:05:24 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: problems with stf(4) and ipv6_gateway_enable

Hi,

>>>>> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:25:34 -0800
>>>>> Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org> said:

mux> However, it still doesn't seem to work properly.  When pinging an IPv6
mux> host from a box in my local subnet, I'm getting this warning on the box
mux> running rtadvd(8) :

mux> cannot forward src fe80:0001::0a00:20ff:fef9:8c7a, dst 3ffe:8114:1000::036b, nxt 58, rcvif xl0, outif stf0

I suspect your box which you did ping6 from doesn't configure global
address properly.  I read your previous mail again, then found one
more suspicious setting as follows:

	ipv6_prefix_xl1="2002:5143:8351:"
	rtadvd_interfaces="xl0"

You need to advertise the prefix to the configured interface.  If your
actuall interface is xl1, please set xl1 to rtadvd_interfaces.

mux> router.  Moreover, the boot scripts still display :
mux> IPv4 mapped IPv6 address support=NO

You don't need to worry about this message.  It shows that you don't
use mapped address.  It is default of 5-CURRENT.

Sincerely,

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/