Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 19:06:36 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@drf.com>
To:        "Justin C Sherrill" <justin@shiningsilence.com>, "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Retaining same MAC (Re: Need help configuring ethernet DSL modem)

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001 19:00:50 -0400, Justin C Sherrill
wrote:

>If it's stored on the DSL provider's system, you can probably call the DSL
>provider (may be a hassle explaining this) or do some of the changes others
>have suggested to change the apparent MAC.

 The ISP keeps track of the MAC address.
It really is not much of a hazzle. It would just be good if
they let people know about this issue.

Compared to what one would have to go through to setup
PPPoE this is by far easier. Configure the NIC and off you
go.
On the rare instance I may need to change the card I just
have to send the ISP an email.

Francisco Reyes
Daily Racing Form
Technical Support Manager