Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2002 02:24:47 -0700
From:      Vadim Egorov <egorovv@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP_MULTICAST_LOOP

Hi guys!

I'm playing with multicasting (-stable), and I want to disable looping back
my outgoing packets setting IP_MULTICAST_LOOP option to 0 but it doen't
have any effect. My app is listening to the same group it is casting.

After some grepping I came across some code in netinet/ip_output.c:
		   (imo == NULL || imo->imo_multicast_loop)) {
			/*
			 * If we belong to the destination multicast group
			 * on the outgoing interface, and the caller did not
			 * forbid loopback, loop back a copy.
			 */

The comment says 'and' but the code says '||' -- looks like an error to me.
Except this I've got no idea what it means - does it make amy sence?

--
Thanks,
Vadim