Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 17:13:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        ANDRSN@HOOVER.STANFORD.EDU (Annelise Anderson)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -questions etiquette

> The experience with all of these is the same.  On 2.1 they do
> compile (using the port), but the when run the program produces an error when
> trying to decrypt a file that says  "Error: Nested data has unexpected format.
> CTB=0x75."  The number after CTB= varies depending on the file
> encrypted.
>
> Actually the program can be compiled without using the port on 2.1 by
> commenting out the lines in /usr/include/sys/types.h relating to lseek,
> whose type conflicts with zipup.c, or by changing the type in types.h
> from long to int or vice versa, I forget which it was.  However the
> result is the same.

[ ... ]

Maybe this is a long vs. off_t problem.  off_t is a quad, and if you
pass a long, you will have a problem.  This points to a type problem
in the code you are compiling... are they passing aroung file offsets
as longs instead of off_t's?

If there is an on disk structure containing longs, you will have to
coeerce them to off_t to pass them to the system calls.

off_t's are 64 bits in BSD, and longs are 32 bits.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.