Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:21:54 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Christoph Herrmann <C.Herrmann@science-computing.de>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdrecord produces broken CDs on -CURRENT: The Answer !

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 15:44:37 +0100, Christoph Herrmann wrote:

> The Problem was the use of vfs.ioopt=2 !
> As long as vfs.ioopt is 1 or 2 the CDs are broken and with
> vfs.ioopt=0 the CDs are o.k.
>
> I didn't see any other problems with the use of vfs.ioopt=2,
> especially no Filesystem corruption :-). Are there other known
> problems withs vfs.ioopt != 0 ?

I'm sort of surprised you didn't see any filesystem corruption with
vfs.ioopt turned on -- physio uses the same mechanism as the pass(4) driver
for getting data into and out of the kernel.  (vmapbuf())

Matt Dillon said almost a year ago that the vfs.ioopt code was broken, but
you'd have to ask him to explain it, I don't remember what the problem was.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org