Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:29:52 -0500
From:      Matt White <mwhite@torrentnet.com>
To:        Matt White <mjw@crypt-net.org>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Maxtor 80GB problems

Actually, Windows appears happy.  The only thing about windows is that I am
unsure how much noise Windows would make if it actually were unhappy.

For those who asked, the motherboard is an Intel pr440fx ppro motherboard.
The other motherboad that I tested with is "some p3 motherboard in a micron
case".  I really didn't look too closely at what it was.  dmesg reports the
controller as a PIIX4.  I believe the pr440fx uses a PIIX3, but Intel's
support site is down, so I can't check.

-Matt

--On Friday, January 26, 2001 14:06:21 -0800 Hodge Podge