Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:48:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      jessem@livecam.com
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Cc:        advocacy@netbsd.org, advocacy@openbsd.org
Subject:   SVEC Meeting: BSD or Linux....Which? Why?

Sorry to all, the last post did not send the right stuff.
Here it is:

From: "B. Mitchell Loebel" <multinode@earthlink.net>
Subject: Silicon Valley Entrepreneur's Connection - Dec. 11th
Meeting Notice

Reminder ...

This is your notice for the Monday, December 11th  (TONIGHT) meeting
of the Silicon Valley Entrepreneur's Connection. Please see the
attached Acrobat file for additional information including directions
to the meeting site (Sun Microsystems, 901 San Antonio Rd., Palo
Alto). Important -- please notify us immediately by email if you are
unable to read the attachment.

BSD OS or Linux ... Which? Why?

Not long ago, Microsoft's Windows xx was the OS to beat. Linux
successfully stepped up to the plate. Now we hear other voices from
within the Open Source community ... more servers are running BSD
than Linux and the latest Mac OS is based on BSD! (Which of the
several strains of BSD, by the way?) So what did Linux do right
and/or what did the BSD community do wrong such that Linux became the
perceived leader?

We asked John Sokol, CEO, Enumera to help us unscramble the
confusion. We asked him to to tell us how he feels that BSD is
superior to Linux. We asked him to tell us about the development
projects currently in progress and who are the players. John is well
qualified to help us ... he wrote some of the important early BSD
code.

If BSD is truly "one down" in the Open Source community, then it
represents an important entrepreneurial opportunity. Let's all find
out more.

The main meeting starts at 7:30PM (stragglers beware - no entry after
8PM!) and a discussion of member projects currently underway and
other issues of interest to entrepreneurs begins at 9:15PM (important
business opportunities are often discussed).  Adding to your
knowledge, planning entry into the field, beginning a new enterprise?
This is the meeting!

B. Mitchell Loebel

Executive Director
The Silicon Valley Entrepreneur's Connection		408 264-2068

CEO, CTO
Multinode Microsystems Corporation			408 264-2068