Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:38:45 -0000
From:      Nielsen <nielsen@memberwebs.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp.freebsd.org out of date? (WRT security advisories)

It seems (at least for me) the patches on ftp.freebsd.org are out of
date for the 03:12 security advisory (openssh). ftp2.freebsd.org has
them fine.

I'm wondering if this is a mirror issue or perhaps round-robin DNS problem?

What compounds the issue is that right now the old openssh 3.7 patches
are there (on ftp.freebsd.org), but not the 3.7.1 patches (which can be
found on ftp2.freebsd.org). This could conceivably cause someone to miss
a patch.

Am i doing something wrong? If not, then this is just a little heads up.
Perhaps it would be better to include ftp2.freebsd.org links in the
security advisories.

Hate to complain. The FreeBSD security team has done a great job,
especially in the midst of this whole openssh mess.

Nate Nielsen