Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:09:04 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        mark@the-allisons.us
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Webmin

mark@the-allisons.us wrote:

>I've recently installed FreBSD on a system and I'm working though the
>learning process.
>
>In order to ease the configuration and maintenance issues I installed
>Webmin.

I am of the opinion that if you want to learn something that you just
dig in and go for it at full bore, (even if you brake it, as this is a
very valuable learning experience in and of itself and one of the best
ways to learn*) not skirt around the issue using some wizard thingy so
you never have to learn it. What happens when your wizard thingy stops
working or brakes your system, what are you going to do then?

*This is why I setup test machines and try to brake crap then try to fix
it, If I can't then all I have to do is wipe it clean and start over.
VMware works very well for this.