Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:31:20 -0800
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mozilla and java plugin

I installed the port for mozilla, and when I visit a web page, the page
for one of our switches monitor,
I get the message I need a java2 plugin. I click on the link to download
the the linux version (the others
were for windoze), it then responds a few minutes later with a pop-up that
says it was installed okay.
error is:
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize share library
/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/plugins/java2/plugini386/ns600libjavaplugin_oji.so
[Shared object "libgtk-1.2.so.0" not found]

I have gtk-1.2.10.3 installed. The path listed above is okay. My guess is
the problem lays with the
plugin being for the linux version of mozilla and I am using the native
fbsd port version. How do
I fix this? (I thought mozilla had java support built in natively, I guess
not).

--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 7? Somebody help me!)