Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:20:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        NAKAJI Hiroyuki <nakaji@boggy.acest.tutrp.tut.ac.jp>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Post-KSE disaster with libc_r

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Andrey A. Chernov wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 10:26:22 -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > the question is:
> > did you update both kernel and userland?
>
> This bug is not related to in-kernel KSE code (but, maybe related to
> header files compiled in). I got it even with updated userland and old
> pre-KSE kernel (with both updated I have it too). Only switching to libc_r
> old about month ago helps.

Ok this is good news becasue it helps narrow the problem.
If an old libc_r runs well it at least suggests that the kernel is
working as it should. That is a great relief to me!

My current guess is that something in an include file is poisonning the
compile of a new libc_r.

I think we may need Dan to help us find it..