Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:40:33 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Gautam Gopalakrishnan <ggop@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        "Daniel R. Curran" <drc7257@cs.rit.edu>
Subject:   Re: Firefox Process Not Exiting

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 09:15:43PM +1100, Gautam Gopalakrishnan wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:12:56 -0500
> "Daniel R. Curran" <drc7257@cs.rit.edu> wrote:
>=20
> > I am wondering if anyone else has this issue and if there is a fix for
> >=20
> > it. When I run firefox and then exit the program the process remains=20
> > resident, and it starts eating up the CPU. Does anyone know of a fix
> > for this. I have been manually killing the process, but this seems
> > like a horrible way to work with the program.
>=20
> One more vote from me. Same behaviour with firebird too. So it's not
> newly introduced...

I've seen this happen with all of Mozilla, Firebird and now Firefox.
It's only certain web sites that trigger the effect, and it seems to
happen on sites which make use of a large amount of Flash stuff -- the
effect is even caused by Macromedia's test page at
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ -- although quite often
what happens is that the flash infexted page will only load once (if
at all) and after that the whole browser freezes up and has to be
killed from the command line.

I'd say it's more likely a bug in the linuxpluginwrapper or
linux-flashplugin ports.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20