Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 01:30:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Russell J. Lahti" <russell@ajboggs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: URGENT - Seems like i've been hacked... what to do now?

> So I should only allow SSH connections?
>
> Is there anyway to see what has been modified since a
> particular date?
>
> -Sameer

Yes use SSH, there are great terminal apps out there that are
freeware like putty and tera term pro that will allow you to
ssh in from a msft system.

At least unplug it from the internet for now, so the rest of us
don't have to deal with someone using it to DoS from. :)

You can always check for files with the find -mtime option,
you can check your wtmp by using "last" and all of that.  But
you'd probably be better off just re-installing for now, unless
you want the experience of trying to track down what was done.
If you want to do that, go start reading up on what to do.. but
unplug the NIC.

Enjoy.

-Russell