Date:      Sat, 1 Aug 1998 12:54:48 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NCR controller with CAM...

>> (probe0:ncr0:0:0:0): COMMAND FAILED (6 ff) @f0a07e00.
>
> These are the result of a SCSI bus reset being issued by
> the driver, while there are commands for those targets.
> The commands are aborted and status "HS_RESET == 6" is
> returned. This appears to be caused by the asynchronous
> probing of the SCSI bus by the CAM code. This should not
> cause any problems, but there obviously shouldn't be a
> SCSI bus reset *after* the CAM code has started probeing
> for devices ...

It performs the reset just before starting the probe.  Does the
NCR driver use a timeout handler or some other mechanism to defer
releasing the reset line?  It that's the case, it should really
be freezing its comman queue until the reset is over.  I won't
be able to look into this until probably next weekend.

--
Justin