Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 15:15:49 -0500
From:      Phillip Neiswanger <sigsegv@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Palm Pilot programming and PRC-Tools

Hello,

I'm trying to get the helloworld program that comes with
"Palm OS Programming Bible" to compile, but I'm having a few problems.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.3 generic and I have the following palm oriented
packages installed.

palmpower-1.0.2     	Disassembler and other tools for PalmOS binaries
pilot-link-0.9.3    	PalmPilot communications utilities
pilot_makedoc-0.7a  	Converts text into the Doc format used by PalmPilots
pose-3.1            	Palm OS(R) Emulator
prc-tools-binutils-2.0
PRC-tools for Palm OS (binutils part)
prc-tools-gcc-2.0
PRC-tools for Palm OS (gcc part)

I created the following directory tree in /usr/local.

/usr/local/palmdev/sdk -> sdk-3.5
/usr/local/palmdev/sdk-3.5/include -> ~pgn/palmPilot/palmOS3.5/Palm OS 3.5
Support/Incs
                           /lib -> ~pgn/palmPilot/palmOS3.5/Palm OS 3.5
Support/GCC Libraries

When I compile the program I get the following:

pgn> make
m68k-palmos-gcc -I. -O2 -c hello.c -o hello.o
hello.c: In function `SaySomething':
hello.c:26: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
m68k-palmos-gcc -I. -O2 hello.o -o hello
/usr/local/pilot/m68k-palmos/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or
directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [hello] Error 1

As far as I can tell there isn't any crt0.o associated with the prc-tools
installation.  What am I missing?  Is there some additional software I
need to install.  More symlinks?  What?

Thanks.
--
phil