Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 23:23:31 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MOSIX for FreeBSD?

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Josef Grosch wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 10, 1998 at 02:41:49PM +0200, Stephane Legrand wrote:
>> Alex writes:
>
>MOSIX uses the network cards from Myrinet (www.myri.com) as the bases of it
>system. We have a driver for these cards and there is a version of MOSIX
>for 6 machines based on BDSI. This version is in the form of source code
>patches to BSDI 2.x and 3.x.

No need to get lucky. Clustering has already been done on FreeBSD.

Check out the trapeze project. They already cluster FreeBSD machines. It
is a duke.edu project. I would think a prexisting port from FreeBSD fans
would be desirable for ioctl (did i get that right?) reasons.

http://www.cs.duke.edu/ari/trapeze/index.html

The clustering software is available under "Tadaaaah" Berkeley License.

The source is here...

http://www.cs.duke.edu/ari/manic/tpz_www/trapeze_root.html

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/