Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:17:54 +0700
From:      Stefan Probst <stefan.probst@opticom.v-nam.net>
To:        Andrew Johns <johnsa@kpi.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AdoreWorm

At 09:59 15.11.2001 +1100, Andrew Johns wrote:
-------------------------
>Why can't you run sshd on port 23?  Surely they don't examine
>connections to determine the actual protocol running?

Previously, I didn't try too much to change ports - was not worth the time
to get all that knowledge, since I had to do this not only on the machine,
but also at the LAN firewall here....
And: A decent (national) firewall cannot be spoofed by just changing ports.
A good one filters (also) on packet level. Not sure, whether the used one
here did. In the end they had anyway to make the rules more and more
relaxed, since it couldn't cope with the traffic.

Stefan