Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:10:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Christopher Nielsen <enkhyl@pobox.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, "current@FreeBSD.ORG" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: MAKEDEV warning

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <200004182232.QAA95253@harmony.village.org>, Warner Losh writes:
> >In message <19071.956097016@critter.freebsd.dk> Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
> >: In message <200004182226.QAA95180@harmony.village.org>, Warner Losh writes:
> >: >In message <18695.956093402@critter.freebsd.dk> Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
> >: >: At what time does the message come relative to the mounting of the
> >: >: root filesystem ?  Before or after ?
> >: >
> >: >I get mine when nfs starts up.
> >:
> >: Any chance you have a bdev on one of the nfs fs's ?
> >
> >Almost none.  I don't actually mount nfs partitions until I type mount
> >foo:/bar /bar.  There's no network card active at that time anyway...
>
> But does the nfs filesystems you mount have any bdevs on them ?

I get it, too, and I'm not using NFS.

Here's the relevant dmesg output from a verbose boot:

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0a
pccard: card inserted, slot 0
ad0s1: type 0xa5, start 0, end = 16006409, size 16006410 : OK
start_init: trying /sbin/init
WARNING: run /dev/MAKEDEV before 2000-06-01 to get rid of block devices
Linux-ELF exec handler installed

--
Christopher Nielsen
(enkhyl|cnielsen)@pobox.com