Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 00:45:30 -0500
From:      "Darren Besler" <dbesler@beehive.mb.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Quantum Prodirive 127AT

Trying to load FreeBSD 4.0 on a Compaq Prolinea 4/33, I keep getting errors
when trying to create file systems on install.

The computer has a Quamtum Prodive 127AT EDI HDD. I have pulled the drive
and get the same errors in other machines. Drive is fine for DOS, Win 95,
and Linux.

Errors being encountered on initial install. Install parameters are to
create a 100 MB / and a 22 swap partition for the install.

Drive geom is 919 cyls,16 hd,17 sect

Error Messages read as follows:

/dev/xxxx: 204800 Sectors in 50 cylinders of 1 track, 4096 sectors
      100.0 MB in 4 cyl groups (16 c/g, 32.00MB/g,6272 i/g)
superblock backups (...) at
  32, 65568, 131104, 196640
cg 0: bad magic number
write error: 0
newfs: wtfs: Read-only file system

Has anyone seen any issues with this specific drive with respect
to FreeBSD 4.0?

--
Darren R Besler