Date:      Sun, 6 Jul 2003 01:32:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest -STABLE detects my DLT drive as a CD-ROM

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 18:30, Doug White wrote:
> > On Thu, 4 Jul 2003, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> >
> > > sa0: <BNCHMARK DLT1 3E20> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-2 device
> >                       ^^^^
> >
> > Why are the firmware versions different?
>
> I noticed that, too.  But nothing has changed.  I simply rebooted after
> the upgrade.

Hm. we'd need to get some diagnostic info out of the drivers there to see
the MODE SENSE info.  Something is offsetting differently into the data
and picking up the wrong bits, which maybe why the firmware rev is moving
around too.

You might roll back the scsi controller driver .. are you on ahc?

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org