Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 03:23:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@heretic.cybertouch.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   whats with tkdesk???

Hello,
I have tried to contact the maitainer of the port tkdesk (MAINTAINER=
andy@geek4food.org) but I can't send mail there.

Default Server:  localhost.cybertouch.org
Address:  127.0.0.1

> geek4food.org
Server:  localhost.cybertouch.org
Address:  127.0.0.1

*** localhost.cybertouch.org can't find geek4food.org: Non-existent
host/domain

I have updated system including ports. I still get this error:

lnb@heretic:~$ tkdesk
Application initialization failed: version conflict for package
"Tcl": have 8.2, need 8.3

The tkdesk script seems to be using an older version of tkdesksh.
Please edit the third line of this script to point to the absolute
path and file name of tkdesksh.  Both are usually located in the
same directory.

An alternative is also to modify your PATH environment variable to
list the directory where you installed Tkdesk 1.2 before
the one that contains the older tkdesksh.

The easiest method is of course to simply delete the old tkdesksh.

There is no old tkdesksh. I have tcl83 installed. Anyone running into the
same problem?

My system is at 4.1-STABLE as of tonight.

I really need tkdesk :-)

Regards and thanks in advance,

Lanny