Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:18:16 +0200
From:      mark <mark@itsunix.uwc.ac.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Shell Scripting + passwd

Hi all,

I am having trouble writing a shell script.
I have already written one for one by one user creation.
But I have about 8000 to do.

This is the existing script ....... called mmuseradd

/usr/sbin/useradd -d /mail/mailman/users/$1 -g popusers -m -k /etc/
skel.pop $1
/usr/sbin/edquota -p popdefault $1
passwd $1
echo $1 >> /mail/mailman/logs/added.users
date >> /mail/mailman/logs/added.users

How do I change this so that I can create users with passwds from a file?
I can request the student list file in any manner that I like.

E.g.

studentnumber;passwd;name