Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:58:01 +0100
From:      Christophe =?ISO-8859-1?B?UHLpdm90YXV4?= <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
To:        mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>
Cc:        atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD freezes with PCA200E

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:26:07 -0600 (CST)
mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> >  Yes i tried , it is not possible to ssh or telnet to the ethernet port
> >  but ping will work. strange isn't it ?
>
> not really, ping/ICMP is pretty low in the stack. the kernel is
> obviously in a loop processing some other interrupt and not able to
> service the user level applications at all.
>
> It was good you found the SMT-VIA connection. I was thinking that
> was the "ServerWorks" chipset based ASUS multiprocessor board and would
> not have thought of VIA.
>
> --mark tinguely.

Well I now installed Linux on the machine and it seems not to have any
problems at all. However it is not using SMP APIC-IO like FreeBSD
it using only SMP without APIC-IO because it is buggy on Linux

Do you think someone could fix this ? this is really a nasty bug

Christophe Prevotaux        Email: c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr
HEXANET SARL                URL: http://www.hexanet.fr/
Z.A.C Les Charmilles        Tel: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 05
3 Allée Thierry Sabine      Direct: +33 (0)3 26 79 08 02
BP202                       Fax: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 06
51686 Reims Cedex 2
FRANCE                   HEXANET Network Operation Center