Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:52:11 +0100
From:      "Lee" <lee@unassemble.co.uk>
To:        "Jordi YC" <jordi_yc@lycos.es>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Automatically Switching of the PC when running "halt -p"

Hi,

I have got it working now.

Once I found out that it was not installed in the GENERIC kernel and new
where to go.  Here is a summary of the steps I did

1. Recompiled and installed new kernel, removing the word "disabled" from
the line beginning" device apm0"
2. added the following line to rc.conf:
    apm_enable="YES"
3. Rebooted, ran "shutdown -p".  PC shutdown very nicely.

I hope that these steps help anyone. To be honest I cannot take credit for
this myself, I searched the archived and found them on a post from Pascal
Giannakakis, so thanks go to him.
Original post is available from
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=72463+74894+/usr/local/www/db/te
xt/2002/freebsd-questions/20020616.freebsd-questions

Lee.