Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:37:44 -0600
From:      Brad Guillory <round@baileylink.net>
To:        Todd Backman <todd@flyingcroc.net>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: root authorized_keys ignore?

Hello Todd,
I probably don't have the answer that you want but I figured that
I would ramble on a bit:

If this were a configurable option it would not gain you much.
Anyone that would have root write permissions can change the
configuration file.  I would suggest that you make a ~root/.ssh
directory and associated files and mark them and the directory
all immutable.  This would afford you just as much protection,
even more so if you ran at secure level where root user can not
change these flags.

Hope that this stirs some thoughts, BMG