Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:10:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/10250: My Ethernet card is not recognised after rebooting after installtion through FTP.

The following reply was made to PR kern/10250; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To: ashok@stph.net
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:34:25 PST

 This kind of question is much more appropriate for the
 FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org mailing list than for a bug report.

 In message <19990225052300.8C0C914E79@hub.freebsd.org>you write:
 >How would i  configure the kernel to recoginse my card
 >with IRQ 3 and port address 0x300.

 Here's how I do something similar.  I created a file called
 /kernel.conf (you can call it anything you want) with the list of
 UserConfig commands to set up the system.  Mine contains things
 like

 pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 port1 0x320 port2 0x32c irq0 5 drq0 7 drq1 5
 disable adv0
 disable aha0

 but you could just as well have

 port ed0 0x300

 Then create a file called /boot/loader.rc, which says:

 load -t userconfig_script kernel.conf

 (or whatever you called your file).  That way, it'll get loaded
 every time you boot.

   Bill