Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 1996 11:17:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: rwhod/ruptime broken?

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 	Check out the man page for rwho:
>
> "    If a users hasn't typed to the system for a minute or more, then rwho re-
>      ports this idle time.  If a user hasn't typed to the system for an hour
>      or more, then the user will be omitted from the output of rwho unless the
>      -a flag is given. "

    Yeah, I got that part, but I doubt that 84 out of 120 logins were
idle for over an hour.  I know I certainly wasn't idle.  We rebooted
this morning and uptime reports 63 users, with 55 unique logins.
ruptime reports 41 at the moment.  The most idle user has been idling
for 20 minutes and is reported by rwho.

    ruptime has been reporting 41 users for the past 6 minutes now, so
it isn't a matter of rwhod not having sent out updated information.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
Systems Administrator, Internex Online Inc.