Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 16:00:25 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        Andy.P@cableinet.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is there anyhting better than uemacs

In a previous message, Andy Pendry said:
> Is there a better editor than uemacs for freeBSD?

That's a religous war question.

You have a ton of choices for editors.
uemacs is compact and fast.
emacs (gnu) is large and full featured.
vi (nvi) is the Unix standard.
nedit is a motif based editor.
see is the Plan 9 editor.
pico is the pine default editor.

And a thousand other favorites exist.

If you like uemacs, use it. If you want more of a "good" thing,
maybe try emacs. If you want to *KNOW FOR SURE* that your editor
is going to be there, learn vi.

If you want a small learning curve, then pico or nedit maybe
for you.

Me, I like emacs, but reality makes me use vi more than anything
else.

--
You can listen to thunder after lightning and tell how close
you came to getting hit.  If you don't hear it, you got hit,