Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:14:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan b <thedanyes@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   reset netstat statistics

Hello,

I searched the archives for this and was unable to
find anything relevant.  I have a machine that is
being used as a NAT Router with IPFW and IPNAT running
5.3-RELEASE.  I'm only using IPFW to keep track of
traffic, no actual packet filtering is going on.

The problem is that the statistics reported by netstat
seem to reset themselves intermittently.  Last night I
ran netstat -ib and got an Ibytes stat of around 2.1GB
on my sis0 adapter.  Today I ran netstat -ib and got
an Ibytes stat of around 600MB on my sis0 adapter.
The system has around 29 days of uptime, and I have
run ipfw zero a few times, but have not run netstat -z
at all.  Let me know if you have any ideas about this.

Thanks,

Daniel